Merry Christmas! These peppermint candy cups are so amazing, they don't even really seem from this earth. I mean, if you even kind of enjoy an occasional peppermint and chocolate flavor mix, you will practically start a new religion around these. Trust me! They are amazing.
1 12-ounce bag of vegan semisweet chocolate chips
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup Earth Balance butter, softened
1/3 cup light corn syrup
3 teaspoons unsweetened soy milk
3 teaspoons peppermint extract
24 mini muffin cups
- Use a double-boiler, or a heat-resistant bowl perched on top of a saucepan full of water (which is what I do) to gently melt your chocolate chips over medium heat. Stir them frequently. Don't let them clump or burn.
- Reduce your stovetop to the lowest heat setting and keep your melted chips where they are.
- Pick up a muffin cup and use a teaspoon to dribble a bit of chocolate into the bottom. Then, take your pastry brush and sweep the chocolate up onto the sides of the cup. Go all the way to the top and make sure you're filling in all the crevices. Now, do this 22-24 more times!
- Place all of your prepared muffin cups onto a small cookie sheet and into the freezer . Leave them there to harden while you make your peppermint mixture.
- Okay, this part is super-complicated... Dump your powdered sugar, butter, corn syrup, milk and peppermint extract into a bowl and stir together with a spoon. Whew!
- Take your cups out of the freezer and evenly divide peppermint mixture into them.
- Use your teaspoon to fill the cups all the way to the top with the remaining chocolate.
- Place in refrigerator or freezer to harden.
- You'll probably want to store in the fridge or freezer because they are quite messy at room temperature.
- Pulling the paper off will be tricky the first couple of times, but you'll get a groove down and become a pro. I promise!