These curried seitan roll-ups make a great lunch or snack on a hot summer day because you don't have to actually cook anything. No hot kitchen in June for you! Nuh-uh. No sir.
They are light and simple, with a hint of red curry and lime. You'll love 'em.
1 package chicken-style seitan
1/2 medium cucumber, diced
1/4 red bell pepper, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
1 green onion, sliced
3 tablespoons of vegan mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 teaspoon red curry paste
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Dash of chili powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 vegan sprouted grain tortillas
1 cup lettuce of your choice, chopped
- Place all ingredients (except tortillas and lettuce) into a bowl. Stir well, until everything is nicely mixed and the larger seitan pieces have pulled apart.
- Lightly toast or warm your tortillas on the stove top (gas stoves are the best!).
- Scoop out a quarter of your 'seitan salad' mixture and evenly spread it over the top of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle a quarter of your lettuce over the seitan salad.
- Now gently, and tightly, roll up your tortilla.
- Use a good serrated knife to gently slice the roll into 4 or 6 pieces.
- Makes 4 servings.
NUTRITION INFO (per serving):Calories: 255.9 / Total Fat: 9.2g (Saturated Fat: 1.7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2.0g) / Cholesterol: 3.9mg / Sodium: 515.9mg / Potassium: 281.2mg / Total Carbohydrates: 31.1g (Dietary Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 2.3g) / Protein: 6.7g / Iron: 12.1%