1 acorn squash
1/4 C chopped walnuts
1/4 C agave nectar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash in half horizontally, removing the seeds and string. I like to chuck the seeds out into my side yard, in the hopes that one of them will root and grow some free squash for me next year! So far, no luck...
- Place squash upside down in a shallow pan with 1/4 inch of water. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Pour off the water and turn over squash.
- Sprinkle walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg on top, then drizzle with agave. Feel free to adjust amounts based on your personal taste.
- Place under broiler for 5 minutes.