March 18, 2011

Food Should Taste Good, Yes?

A while back I received a very generous package full of vegan chip varieties from Food Should Taste Good. Being a chip hound, I was utterly delighted! How did they know I would tear into that box of chips like a Tasmanian devil on caffeine overload? I can't explain how they had come by such intimate knowledge of my cravings (The Matrix? Big Brother?), but I am so glad they did!
Of all the flavor varieties, I would have to say that the Multigrain was the derby champ. Made with brown rice flour, soy flour and quinoa - and sprinkled throughout with sunflower and flax seeds - it is entirely gluten-free and completely delicious! It was a perfect pairing for homemade hummus.
If you're wanting more of a nacho-type chip, though, look no further than the Yellow Corn. It is the thickest and the strongest, and held up very well to my heavy heaps of Daiya cheddar and taco-flavored soy crumbles. The Blue Corn, while very tasty, crumbled like nitroglycerin-encrusted rose petals under the weight of nacho toppings, and easily broke when dipped into hummus. The Blue Corn chips are best eaten with a light salsa or just plain.
I would love to tell you what I thought of the Jalapeno flavor, but my husband cracked them open and gobbled up the whole bag before I had a chance. When I asked him what he thought of them, he smiled through a mouthful of chips and gave me a hearty thumbs-up. Guess that means they're good!
Likewise, my two-and-a-half year old daughter downed the bag of Sweet Potato chips pretty much all by her little tiny self. Although she did graciously shove one or two of them in my mouth before she polished off the bag. The verdict? Delicious! There isn't much that comes from a sweet potato that I won't eat. I love them. My daughter loves them. My husband loves them. The chips were mildly, but naturally, sweet. They did not require a dip. They are a perfect side to sandwiches and soups. These were a very close second to the Multigrain.
Lastly, we come to the Olive chips. These chips were very tasty, but only if you love olives. I do happen to love olives, so I took to the chips with fervor. But the olive-y taste is strong. They are not just made with olive oil - there are actually three types of real olives right there in the chip. So, just a warning... If you don't like the taste of olives, avoid these. However, if you love the taste of olives, tear these bad boys up. They are really good! And they taste great with hummus, so I highly recommend that pairing.
A special thanks goes out to Food Should Taste Good for sending me this box of delicious yum-yums. My whole family enjoyed them!

5 comments:

aimee said...

very cool! thanks for all the deal alerts! i am hardcore too when it comes to shipping...

Anonymous said...

Man...I gotta get me a blog so I can get free stuff in the mail, lol. Those chips look and sound sooooo good!

Courtney

Debra said...

Now I am craving those chips! ;-)

Blessings, Debra
Raw Vegan Diet

dirtyduck said...

do you have to sign up to get the coupons? and can you only get coupons from their site once? i get their emails, but...never looked..*feels ashamed* i love you meat out post, the pictures are so cute!!

Jennifer M. said...

You do have to sign up for the coupon, I think, but it's pretty painless. And then, if remember correctly, they will email it to you.