If you're hosting a Halloween bash and want an easy (and very healthy) party food, try these homemade 'dillas! They're easy to make, totally cheap, and packed with lots of good fiber. Here's the recipe...
Large package of corn tortillas (I used a 36oz package)
1 can cannellini (a.k.a. white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
1 can diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 clove garlic (or more, to taste)
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Blend together all ingredients (except tortillas) on high until nice and smooth
- Spoon about 3-4 tablespoons' worth of bean mixture onto a corn tortilla and spread it around
- Place another corn tortilla on top
- Cook each side of your 'dilla in a lightly oiled (preferably cast-iron) skillet until warmed through. 'Dillas will have light golden brown spots on both sides when done.
- Gently cut into quarters with a pizza roller or sharp knife.
- Serve with salsa, veggie cream cheese, green onions, or anything else that suits your fancy.
- Makes a LOT.