These muffins are easy to make and the batter is bright purple! Kids love it. And, best of all, they are full of yummy nutrients thanks to a healthy helping of fruit, nuts and agave nectar.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 10-ounce bag frozen mixed berries
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 medium banana, peeled and mashed
1/2 cup vegan butter, melted and cooled to room temp.
1/3 cup soy or nut milk
1/4 cup raw agave nectar or maple syrup
sliced almonds, for topping
sucanat, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together into a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and carefully stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with baking spray, or line with muffin cups.
- Fill all cups with equal amounts of batter. I use a large cookie scoop to measure it out.
- Top each muffin with a tablespoon of sliced almonds, followed by a sprinkle of sucanat, to taste.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from muffin pan.