3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup raw or turbinado sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cooked sweet potatoes
1 cup soy- or other non-dairy milk
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 cup golden raisins (I used regular ol' raisins, as you can see)
Vegetable oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to mix.
- Mash sweet potatoes (if they aren’t mashed already) in a separate large bowl, then stir in non-dairy milk and vinegar. Add flour mixture and raisins. Stir together until just mixed. The batter should be moist. Add a bit more non-dairy milk or water if the batter seems stiff.
- Spoon batter into a vegetable oil sprayed muffin pan, filling almost to the top.
- Bake 25 minutes, until tops of muffins bounce back when lightly pressed and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
P.S. Click HERE to get a free copy of the "Nutrition for Your Kids" booklet.