I seriously can't get enough of this soup. Everyone in my house (including the wee one) goes nuts for the stuff. Try it, you'll love it!
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped and seeded
2 medium russet potatoes, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 quart (4 Cups) no-chicken or veggie broth
1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, or more to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
Dash of cayenne (optional)
roasted peanuts, chopped, to taste (optional garnish)
- Place onions, potatoes, garlic and bell pepper in a large pot with broth. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until veggies are soft.
- Add the peanut butter.
- Either stick a hand-blender right into the pot and blend until creamy, or transfer in small batches to a blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, as well as nutritional yeast and cayenne (if using).
- Makes about 4 large servings. Top each bowl with chopped peanuts. Delicious!